So, we took the plunge. We took her up to our local PetsMart and left her in the hands of the expert groomers/washers/shavers. They asked me how short I wanted her hair cut, and I had no idea, so I asked what people usually did for labs, and I went with that.
3 hours later, Wyatt picks her up from PetsMart, and they arrive back at home. I catch my first glance of her, and my sweet Eleanor is practically BALD everywhere other than her head and tail. This is not PetsMart's fault; I'm sure it's what I asked for. I just had no idea that what I asked for would look like THAT.
This is what Ellie looks like with hair (the BEFORE picture):

Here's what she looks like AFTER the hair cut:
Poor Ellie! More than that, poor me. I am pretty embarrassed for Ellie and actually have taken to dressing her up the past couple days to make her (well, really mainly me) feel better about her lack of hair.
I think we learned our lesson really well. No more super short hair cuts for Eleanor ever again. I'm just glad dogs don't have the ability to look in the mirror!


No comments:
Post a Comment