Our beloved Eleanor is injured. We're not sure when it happened, but we know for sure that something's not right. She won't jump on the bed any more (and before I get in trouble on this, let me clarify that she's not allowed on the bed unless we ask her to come up, and we don't do this that often). She's having a hard time jumping up- even in getting in and out of the car and the pool, which she usually does with ease and enthusiasm. She still runs fine usually, but there have been a few incidents where she'll sprint after her ball, stop suddenly, yelp repeatedly, and pick up her back right leg.
I took her to the Vet last Saturday, and they prescribed her an anti-inflammatory medicine. We're supposed to watch her to see if it helps her return to normal, and if not, we'll have to take her back to get sedated and get an x-ray of the suspect leg. Thus far, it's looking like the medicine isn't helping a whole lot.
The injury by itself is bad enough, but to keep her from hurting herself further, we're having to hide all her balls and keep her inside and inactive as much as possible. Hello...this is a LAB we're talking about. ALL she wants to do is play, run, chase, and move...on a continual basis. So, needless to say, she's depressed. The look on her face when we get ready to go for a run and she realizes we're not going to take her with us is SO pathetic.
I'm really hoping this is just a pulled muscle that needs rest, but I'm getting worried. I'll post again when we have an update.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment