Wednesday, August 12, 2009

House, Shred & Blog Update

I have a few updates to post about, and in the spirit of conservation, figured I'd combine them into one blog post.

First, the house. We are officially in the option period for the house I mentioned in my last post. This week, Wyatt has been working like crazy to schedule inspections, estimates and meetings with potential builders. It looks like almost all of those meetings will happen this week, so we should know a lot more by the end of this week. Our closing date is set for Friday, October 9th, which sounds like a long way off, but we have a LOT to do before then.

We'll be doing a lot to the house once it's ours, so we're trying to get as many of the plans ready to go now so we can move quickly come October. Right now, the tentative plan is to add on a master bedroom, bath, and closet, a mudroom along with a little expansion onto the kitchen, and a front porch hopefully also with an expansion on the living room. The house is currently 3 bedrooms and 1 bath and is about 1200 square feet, so the additions should give us some great added space.

Here are a couple pictures of the house as it looks right now. Disclaimer: it currently looks pretty gloomy from the front. We are planning on repainting the house (with a different color scheme), trimming the huge magnolia tree, removing all the landscaping that currently blocks the window on the far right side, and adding a front porch. So, it will be a work in progress, but we see great potential and are excited to get to watch it evolve. Without further ado...the pictures.




Second, the shredding. I am now on day 12 of the 30 Day Shred and am holding steady (well, at least somewhat steady) at Level 2. I honestly didn't think I would get to a point where I could do Level 2 without feeling like I was about to faint, but it has gotten a little (emphasis on little) easier over the past week I've been doing it. I'm able to hold the plank pose on most of the moves for the whole time now. Yes, I still hate the plank pose, but at least I feel like I'm able to meet its match a little more now than I was at the start of Level 2. I'm down 3.6 pounds as of today, which I'm pretty happy about.

Third, I've been updating the blog over the past couple of weeks. Mainly I've been using the resources on Shabby Blogs and Shabby Blog's Blog (confusing, no?) to do the updating, which is great, because everything on there is free and super cute. I added a cute font from the Kevin & Amanda site, which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I also made the blog 3 columns rather than 2, added some buttons, reorganized my links, added my signature, and added a custom border. I still have a few kinks to work out and items to add, but overall, I think it's coming along pretty well. I give myself bonus points for even attempting this since I am far from a computer expert. If I can do it, anyone can!

2 comments:

The O'Connor Family said...

I am so impressed you are doing the "shreds"! That is awesome! Also, thanks for the tips about the blog accessories! That is very helpful!

The O'Connor Family said...

Oh my goodness! I have just been using shabbyblog and I am obessed with it now (thanks!). How did you change your font in the header? I can't figure it out. Computer godess!