Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Boy or Girl?

We are scheduled for the big ultrasound on April 15th.  This is the ultrasound where they determine if it's a boy or a girl (assuming baby cooperates).  We are very anxious for this appointment; I can't wait to know.  I think knowing if it's a boy or a girl will make the pregnancy even more personal for me.  We will see! 

At this point, neither of us really has a strong feeling about whether it's a boy or a girl.  I lean slightly toward it being a girl; I'm not sure why other than just feeling like that's what it is.  Wyatt leans slightly toward it being a boy, again not for any real specific reason. 

At my 13 week ultrasound (the nuchal translucency study), I thought I might have seen something to indicate that it was a boy, but considering that half the time I can't figure out which end is the head, I don't think this is a really reliable way to make a prediction. 

We really hope to find out on April 15th.  At that point, baby shopping is ON.  I can't wait to start buying stuff for baby, but I just can't get myself to do it now since I feel like I need to know boy or girl first. 

Any predictions out there?  Do you think baby Smith will be a boy or a girl? 

And before people start suggesting names, we are already set no matter which way it goes: Ubifida (nickname: Biffy) for a girl, and Varcarious (nickname: Varcy) for a boy.* 

*Before everyone starts freaking out, yes this is a joke.  One of our favorite hobbies has been coming up with outlandish/terrible baby names and  trying to pass them off on friends, thus far, to no avail.

1 comment:

Darby Hawley said...

hahahaha Nice names ;-) My prediction is a girl...however, I'm clearly not a good predictor because I was convinced that Haylee was having a girl, even after her Dr. confirmed it was a boy.