Yes, it's true! We found out on December 22nd, while we were on our trip to Arkansas, and it's been quite a task keeping the secret since then. We did tell our immediate family on Christmas. It just seemed too perfect of an opportunity not to. We kept the secret from pretty much everyone else up until I was about 12 weeks along.
We went for our first appointment on January 18th, and it went great. We were able to see the (tiny) baby and a very strong (and fast) heartbeat. It was so exciting, but also felt a little surreal. It's clear there's a baby growing, but it's hard to fully get my head around it when I still don't really look pregnant.
The doctor measured the baby and said based on measurements, I was 6 weeks 6 days along (which would make my due date September 7th, the day after Labor Day). This was interesting because I was pretty sure I was 7 weeks 3 days (which would make my due date September 3rd). They'll review the measurements again at my next appointment and finalize a due date then. Here's a picture from the journey thus far.
Me on January 1, 2010, at 5 weeks (based on my calculations)- I wonder when I'll start showing... Until then, I'm trying to enjoy my ability to wear my regular clothes.
We are so thankful to God for this gift and very excited to be on the journey to parenthood.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
so excited for y'all! can't wait to find out if baby Smith is a boy or girl!
Post a Comment