Sunday, May 23, 2010

25 Weeks and Strange Occurences at the Gym

On Friday I hit the 25 week mark.  Every day this whole thing gets a little more real, especially as I'm starting to move slower and feel a lot bigger.  A couple of interesting/not fun incidents happened this week after I worked out.  To give a little background, I work out over lunch on most week days, usually for 30 minutes or so on a cardio machine.  Well, on Tuesday, I went as usual, and worked out on the elliptical machine.  As I was doing my usual workout, I felt much more tired than usual and a lot more hot as well.  So, I slowed way down and decided to call it a day.  I walked back to work feeling really yucky, just very worn out, unsteady, and shaky.  I sat down and ate lunch and started to feel better within about 20 minutes. 

So, in true Amy fashion, I was determined to go again to work out on Wednesday.  I was sure that whatever ailed me on Tuesday was a fluke and I'd be fine on the next try.  Not so.  Again, I work out on the elliptical, and even with lessening the resistance and slowing down, I still feel super run down and tired.  Yet again, I call it a day and walk back to work.  On the walk in, I run into 2 coworkers and talk to them as we're about to get on the elevator.  As I get ready to get on the elevator, I feel like I'm about to fall over.  I never feel like that, other than maybe the time I ran 8 miles in super hot weather.  I think I scared my coworkers a lot, so they helped me back upstairs to my office.  The feeling again passed after sitting down for a while and eating lunch. 

I called my doctor's office and they didn't seem too worried.  They said I was fine to keep going, just to bring water with me and drink it while working out and to take breaks when I needed.  Ok, point taken.  So, on Thursday, it's attempt #3 to work out without feeling like I'm going to pass out.  I come armed with lots of water, a protein bar, and an orange.  I drank water throughout the workout, kept the resistance low, and ate the protein bar immediately afterwards.  Success!  I didn't feel sick this time afterwards.  I was really glad to know that I can still work out, just maybe not at the same intensity I'm used to.  We'll see how I hold up in the remaining months!  By the end, I may have to be ok with just walking from point A to point B. 

Other than the work out incidents, though, I'm feeling great, which I'm very thankful for.  I've been so blessed to be in good health. 

And, finally, here's an updated picture of me.  Here I'm at 25 weeks, 2 days (on 5/23). 

No comments: